Have you been strongly considering starting a blog, but don’t know where to begin? Allow me to help you get started with your first blog in these five easy steps.
1. Determine what your content or focus will be. If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, then that means you have information you desire to share with the public. For example, you may want to use your blog to help market your products and/or services; or you may simply want to be an inspiration to others by sharing your own knowledge and experiences. Whatever the case may be, it’s important that you decide on your content before going any further.
2. Purchase a domain for your blog. Yes, there are sites that allow you to set up your blog at no charge. However, you have to consider that, because your blog has been set up for free, those in charge of the site are at liberty to shut it down at any time. You do not have rights to something you do not own. So, it’s better to invest a little money. You can purchase a domain at such sites as GoDaddy or My Lead System Pro.
3. Set up your blog by carefully following the instructions provided by the site you have chosen. As you move forward in creating your blog, don’t become discouraged and quit, if it seems a little difficult. Instead, take advantage of any help the site has to offer. It is also a good idea to seek help from any current bloggers you may know. In fact, fellow blogger Kimberly Joy edits and even writes blog posts for me, and her prices are fair. I encourage you to check out her blog at http://www.thekimberlyjoy.com. If you find yourself becoming overwhelmed, then take a break and continue working on your blog later. You don’t have to be in a rush. Anything done in excellence takes time.
4. Be consistent. Decide how often you want to publish a new blog post, and do your best to stick to that schedule, whether it’s once a week, three times a week, or every day. You want to keep the attention of your followers. If you skip days or weeks at a time, they may lose interest and forget about you.
5. Now that you know what to do, get started TODAY! As the old saying goes, “There’s no time like the present!”
P.S. If you’re looking to generate leads online, this is the system I use. http://wardfun.getmlspmastery.com