Why storytelling for profit? If you’re going to be good at marketing, you need this skill; it will help you make a bunch of money. It’s the secret ingredient all great marketers use.
Let’s talk about the characters in the story. I’ll put them in order for you.
1. Alpha- This character, who tells you what to do, says, “Buy this product right now! You need it! It’s going to help you, so buy it right now!”
2. Braveheart- This character, who convinces you to join the battle with him or her in order to change the world, proclaims, “Come on! Let’s go out here and teach the world that fast food is the enemy of mankind and is destroying our kids! Let’s save the people!”
3. Maven or evangelist – This character, who has done the research and will spread the word on what he or she has found, declares, “I’ve traveled the world and tried this strategy, but it didn’t work. So, I used this product instead, and it was marvelous! It has XYZ in it and it works!”
These are the characters in the story. Now, let’s get to the storyline.
1. Before and after- (example) “Before I started using this hair grease, my hair was dry and brittle. But now that I’ve started using it, my hair is soft and long.”
2. Amazing discovery- (example) “Going to Bible study can teach you so much about God and how He created the earth! Wow!”
3. Telling secrets- (example) “Tonight I will be holding a private invitation-only webinar to reveal the top earners’ secrets to success.”
4. 3rd person testimonials- (example) “The first time I met Dave, he was 300 pounds. However, he started drinking these shakes, and in 90 days, he lost 60 pounds! This stuff really works!”
If you can master storytelling, you will make a fortune!
P.S. If you want to generate leads online, and I know you do, this is the system I use.